The more we see God’s hand in calling our dreams, the more we can’t help but rejoice and focus on God’s faithfulness and less on our own strengths and abilities.
God’s faithfulness is never-ending.
Today, ask God for His mercy and grace to approach Him. Talk to Him. Get comfortable in His presence, even when you start to question if God is really there, or if He even cares.
What about you? Do you know your own strengths? Or does knowing what type of dreamer you are hinder you from trusting in God?
Today, pray about taking a personality and a strengths test, and writing your rules for life. Get alone with God. Ask Him what He thinks of you. Value his opinion more than the rest results!
- 16 Personalities: Take the test here.
- Gallup Strengths Finder: Take the Top 5 Strengths Access assessment here without buying the book.
- Flourish: Discover Vibrant Living: Buy the book here.
Thanks to my Life Coach Vickie Bridges for graciously allowing me to share her rules for life I am calling The 7 Traits of a Dreamer. Please feel free to work through each trait, look up the verses, and journal the answers to the questions–or read Flourish: Discover Vibrant Living and write your own.
- Know Yourself. What values and desires are in my heart and drive my decisions? (Psalm 139:13-14)
- Walk by Faith. Where am I on my spiritual journey, how am I “walking” by faith? (Psalm 86:11-12)
- Know Your Purpose. What desire or dream stirs in my heart so strong that I can’t ignore it? (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- Run on Priorities. Is my lifestyle one of awareness and intentional living? (Ephesians 5:15-17)
- Invest in Relationships. Where am I showing concern and love for others? (John 15:12)
- Share Authentically. Am I revealing an image or my true self? (2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Serve. Where am I being called to serve? (1 Peter 4:10)
If there is one lesson I’ve learned from learning what type of a dreamer I am—it’s this: Believe in the gifts God gave you.
As you get better acquainted with your strengths, I want to share with you a new sacred rhythm I’m learning called a rule of life.
“A rule of life is a way of of ordering our life around the values, practices and relationships that keep us open and available to God for the work of spiritual transformation that only God can bring about. Simply put a rule of life provides structure and space for our growing (Sacred Rhythms, Ruth Haley Barton).”
Want to hear my my 4 rules for life?
- She is mindful. How do I process truth? By spending time daily in the Word, through weekly prayer, worship and exercise to encounter more of Christ to stay mindful. (See Romans 12:1-2, ESV. “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.)
- She is more than just her identity. How do I fit in God’s Kingdom, the world around me, and in my heart? By believing that I am a child of God who was created for a specific purpose with meaning, significance, and longings to explore all who I was created to be and more. (See Colossians 3:3-4 & John 14:20, ESV. “For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.”)
- She lavishly loves others including herself. Why am I able to give and receive love? Because Jesus loved me first–I love and serve my family & friends including my own personal needs. I foster trust, intimacy, bold courageous love. (See 1 John 4:19, ESV. “We love because he first loved us.”)
- She cultivates a life of her dreams. How am I able to be creative in what I say and do? By working first unto the Lord, and by resting in His presence. (See Colossians 3:23-24, ESV. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”)
I encourage you to pray about taking a personality and/or strengths test including writing your own rules for life. I would also love it if you shared them with me!